Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

change to my electricity account

Switched-on

First of all, how annoying that I can't just submit an easy email regarding my issue. 

We have been with AGL for more than 5 years on a saver plan. Now we moved house all over sudden we receive this letter "We recently reviewed your account and found that the pricing originally quoted for your Energy Plan was incorrect" - HELLO after 5 years you realise that?!

Of course with that came much higher usage fees per unit. I am not happy, when I tried calling the response was poor. Did anyone else get a letter like that too?

If AGL reads this, unless you change my charges back, I will search elsewhere.

Just because I m very cautious of my usage and think about the environment doesn't mean it is cheap. We just try to use less energy by saving power on lots of things. My contact details are in my account settings, feel free to get in touch.

1 REPLY 1

Re: change to my electricity account

AGL Moderator

Hi Ninaadam2018,

Thank you for getting in touch!

I'm sorry to hear that your recent experience with AGL has been so poor. Do mind me asking if you've recently moved properties? I ask you this as the original quote you received may have based on assumptions about your meter configuration and type. It may be the case that further down the track we've obtained more information about your meter, and as a result, your pricing structure has changed.

If you'd like to chat further about this and even see what can be down to revert you back to the rates originally quoted, you're welcome to get in touch with our web chat team here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.