Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

change of ownership/change of account name

Switched-on

How do i change my electricity out of my name into my partners name as he will be paying it from now on

3 REPLIES 3

Re: change of ownership/change of account name

AGL Moderator

Hey Tjandtd,

Thank you for your post!

Your partner will need to sign up with AGL online or contact us. Once they've established an account for your address, this will automatically close your account!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Our Gas account was in my name (Wendy). We transferred our Electricity to AGL. My husband has a pension card so we needed to have both accounts in his name (Phil). The Gas and Electricity are now in my Husband's name. The old Gas bill shows a credit of 1 cent and we are using the same email address so I cannot access our new accounts because my old account keeps wanting me to login.

Highlighted

Switched-on

I wrote this post after a long phone call where I had trouble getting the person to understand what I was talking about and when the call was finished nothing had been fixed. After posting I got onto online chat and thankfully found someone who looked into the account and understood what was going on. They told me that the account was closed and re-established under the new name but to give it time to update just to make sure (this gave me confidence as it is exactly what I would expect to be told when it comes to online accounts).

Everything is now how it should be and I can now pay my 2 bills.

Thank you, Angelina(?).