Accounts and Billing

Have a question about anything relating to an AGL account, product or service? Search for answers here or start a discussion.

Highlighted
Newcomer

change of ownership/change of account name

Hi!

My Mum and her husband have an account with AGL and she has just recently discovered that it is in his name only.  He has dementia and has just moved into a nursing home.

What is the best way for her (she has power of attorney) to change the account name to her name?

Can she email someone her power of attorney and have them change the name without too much fuss?

I ask this because she is 82 and is very upset about her husband so it would be completely awesome if this can happen with very little fuss.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES
Solution

Re: change of ownership/change of account name

Hey madrexy,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm happy to say that we can definitely help in this circumstance! Please feel free to send an email through to customer.solutions@agl.com.au with the POA attached. In addition to this, we'll ask you to include as much information as possible about the current account, as well as your Mothers details, and a member of our customer service team will be in touch to sort out the rest within a few days!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

Newcomer

Excellent - thanks for that.  I'll get the account details and her contact details (although that may be hard as she is always down in the room with him) and will email it all through as soon as I can.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Happy to help, madrexy!

Cheers,

Jayden.