Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

bill confusion.

Newcomer

Hi all,

newcomer so please be gentle.Smiley Happy

I have just received the new account for home and I would like to know why it has both actual and estimated readings on it. I have checked back thru the last 3 accounts and it appears on the alternate account as well.

Any insight would be lovely,

Thanks.

Trish.

2 REPLIES

Re: bill confusion.

Hi Trish,

Thank you for getting in touch!

This most commonly occurs with our customers who're on monthly billing. When on monthly billing, the frequency of your meter readings do not change and you're billed on the same date every month. As a result, if your quarterly meter reading was completed during this billing period, then this will appear as 'actual' with the date listed to the left of it. An estimated reading will then appear below it as this is used to close out the billing period. E.g. if you're billed from 1/8-30/8, a meter reading could have been completed on 15/8 which would appear as 'actual', and then an estimated reading would be used for 30/8 to bill you up to this date.

Hopefully this makes sense!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: bill confusion.

Newcomer

HI,

Thanks for the reply. I guess then in future I should take to submitting my own meter read for the quarter to prevent from being overcharged. I had read the meter during the same period and there was a small difference in the readings, but this accumulated over a period of time will add up to a lot.

Again thanks for the help.

Kind regards, Trish.