Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

account ownership changed from 'Energy Consumer' but discount applied later.

Switched-on

After Receiving Energy Consumer Bill, I called AGL to change the account name. But due to some discrepancy on my property address, the customer service officer couldn't change the account details and asked me for the meter number. As I was able to get the Meter Number on 28th March, I contacted AGL and asked for the Change. As AGL offered me the discount, I understand they will give the discount from the first day of the contract. But once I received the bill, I found the discount is only available after 28th March. I want to understand, if I am taking over the previous bill and I am residing on the property, why couldn't I get the discount from day one, as AGL confirmed me my property was connected from 15 Feb as my confirmation on the move-in date and the discount.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Paper Invoice addressed to 'Energy Consumer' changed but discount applied later.

AGL Moderator

Hey SouravBiswas,

Thanks for your post!

It sounds like our customer service team may have gotten this one wrong as these discounts should have been backdated to 15/2/2018. If you can send me a private message including your AGL account number, I'll be happy to get this sorted out for you!

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Re: Paper Invoice addressed to 'Energy Consumer' changed but discount applied later.

Switched-on

Hi Jayden,

Thanks for your response. I sent you a private message with the details.

Thanks,

Sourav

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey SouravBiswas,

Thank you for confirming this! I'll be in touch with you shortly.

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.