Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Whats with the stupid verification process now to log into my account?

Charged Up

Can someone from AGL please justify why I need to go through that stupid process to prove I'm not a bot when I'm logging in with my own unique password?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Whats with the stupid verification process now to log into my account?

AGL Moderator

Hey Talan2,

Thank you for your post!

We deploy these verification processes to protect internet users from spam wherever they go. They also help to mitigate risk on mobile through enhanced security.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Conductor

Well I see the reason for wanting a secure verification process, but this really is the silliest one I have yet come across. I am new to AGL,having just switched from another supplier, but I have found that on many occasions I haven't been able to log in. Why? Because it often takes longer than 5 minutes to receive the email with the verification code - the code itself having already expired!

Today was very frustrating - I made around ten attempts, waiting 5+ minutes each time, having it rejected, then requesting a resend, waiting another 5+ minutes etc., between 11:31am and 12:47pm when I finally was able to log in and write this. This has happened several times over the short time I have been with AGL.

It's completely inappropriate to use a non-real-time verification process (ie email) to verify a near-real-time process (logging in). AGL has no control over the amount of time it takes for the user to receive the verification email, so it's just hit-and-miss. There are far better secure verification options available.

Highlighted

Conductor

I have just discovered that you can switch from this code verification to a simple password, which I have now done. For anyone having this problem: log in (assuming you can), go to Manage Account and change your login process to password.