Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

What should be the typical amount for gas bill for 2 bedroom apartment with 3 people living in?

Switched-on

My 2 bedroom apartment have 3 people living in. Gas bill is extremely high every time for the last few years. 

Usage for hot water is more than 20,000MJ every quarter. Bill amount is $500 - $600 every quarter. I don't think it is normal. My friend's apartment is just one block next to me. It has got the same amount of people living in. His usage is 1600MJ. I don't believe different living style should make this much difference even there is. 

I have dealt with AGL and Jemena many times and it still not solved. Every time I was asked to take picture of the reading and send to them. Then I was told reading was in line. However I could not be convinced. My parents live in a 5 bedroom house with 7 people in the property. Gas bill is only around $120 per quarter. 

AGL promised me to have a meter read for me this Friday. If no problem found, they will raise up a meter investigation with Jemena. Hopefully it could be resolved this time.