Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

What is a supply charge?

Switched-on

does my online meter reading and pricing include supply charges

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: What is a supply charge?

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @valgeo

Thank you for your post. The supply charge is the charge that applies for supplying electricity to your premises for each day of the billing period, regardless of how much electricity you use. Your pricing information should include the supply charge already. This should be the same case for your online meter reading and the estimated cost that appears for you. 

I hope this helps to answer your question 🙂

Thanks, Dave.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Tags (1)

Switched-on

Why does a long established Company like AGL charge more for the daily supply charge than newer companies?

Eg AGL via Powercor is $1.35 a day ( up from $0.99) , Pacific Hydro via Powercor is only $0.95 per day, and Pacific Hydro have cheaper electricity too. 

I'm in the process of moving to PH after 20 years with AGL,  AGL ran me today to ask why i was leaving, the person i spoke to couldn't tell me why the supply charge was so high. Maybe my question can get answered here.....

AGL Moderator

Hey OCharged,

Thank you for your post!

There are many variables that determine the price of our rates, and these variables affect each individual retailer differently. These variables include, but are not limited to wholesale energy costs, networks costs, as well as energy retail components. You can find out more here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.