Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

What has changed with My Account

Semiconductor

Since installing Solar AGL has increase charges greater than the savings from solar generation even with 38% discount.

While paying me the 11.3c they then increased my charges from 26.546c to 45.236c,  So apart from making money from the power they get from me they have negate any savings I would have made for the future.  Not happy Jane!@#$%

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: What has changed with My Account

AGL Moderator

Hey AreEll,

Thank you for getting in touch!

We can definitely understand your concern regarding out change in rates, however we can confidently tell you that the recent changes were not as extreme as you've quoted here. If you've received written correspondence confirming the figures you've quoted, we'd love the opportunity to have a second look at things as your account sounds as though it may require further investigation and perhaps some clarification!

If you can send me a private message including your AGL account number and email address, I'll be in touch with you soon!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hi  So what we now have is a company that accepts Direct payment, takes a payment, but HOW!  There isn't any bill in sight so how do they know how much to charge? Site indicated the bill would be available in 2 days,Ha!  Three weeks later still no bill!@#$  Isn't this funny how all this has happened since we went to Solar (not theirs) Oh and yes we requested a concession discount as well. So after 2 months of free electricity from our solar panels we get no account, they just take our money.  Direct Debit   Not on from here !@#$%^&*

Not a happy customer Jan!@#$%^&*

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey AreEll,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still struggling to find a resolution for your account issues. If you can send me a private message including your AGL account details (account number, address) and some information about the payment you've mentioned (amount, date taken) I'll be happy to help where I can!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Some items from AGL key commitments are:

• Improve the way we work with our customers
  • Improve comparability and transparency
  • Deliver clear customer choice

We advised we had Solar PV generation installedWent to direct debit for our accountsReceived the bill 27 days after the period endedWas then advised that our contract had ended, and was put on a 5 Day Time of use @ .41cents kWhI responded that,” AGL has just changed the plan without discussions with us”I know apologize will not work always, still, I am so sorry for all the inconvenience you have faced so far, as you mentioned that it was not informed to you prior, however, given a chance I will quickly arrange a call back for you so that our dedicated team can get back to you and discuss about the plans and you can choose among.And you guessed it, Still waiting for the call

• I responded: That would be good, however, we are on our way out and tomorrow morning about 8:30a.m. would be a more convenient time thanks.
  • AGL response: I can completely understand your point and I agree with you this should not be the case, however, there is a validity period for every contract and we get in touch with you prior to this.
  • I asked why I wasn’t contacted about the change, their answer, “the plan was active from (date provided) and the new one is from 05.01.2018.”
  • Queried the rates on the bill for Dec. period, as rate increased by 11.4 cents, more than the Solar rebate.
  • Requested our bill for the period.
  • Within the week they advised there was an error in our rates and AGL increased our rate.
  •