Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Very high usage

Semiconductor

I checked our meter yesterday and did an online meter read. It came up with $621 with 35 days to go. Our highest ever bill has been about $450. I turn alot of power points off until we need to use them. We use our airconditioner correctly with setting it a the required temperature. We were out today and when I checked our meter 24 hours from reading it yesterday it jumped up 20kws. How can it do that? Our meter would have to be faulty. We will not be paying a possibly $900 bill. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Very high usage

AGL Moderator

Hey Melanie86,

Welcome to the Community!

I can definitely understand your concern here given the apparent sudden jump in your energy usage. Admittedly, electricity meters are not the easiest things to read, so please contact us to discuss possible causes of this increase in usage!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Ok thankyou. I'll send through a photo asap. If it is correct I am interested to find out why it is so high as like I said I am very cautious with everything and never received high bills in the 11 years of owning a home. Even being a full time stay at home mum for 2 1/2 years.

Highlighted

Semiconductor

Ok thankyou. I'll send through a photo asap. If it is correct I am interested to find out why it is so high as like I said I am very cautious with everything and never received high bills in the 11 years of owning a home. Even being a full time stay at home mum for 2 1/2 years.

Tags (1)