Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Very high electricity bill

Switched-on

I received my first bill and it was over $600 for just 44 days!! My second bill for 30 days was over $450. I cannot afford to pay this! In my last residence our bills would be around $400 to $500 for 90 days.

I now owe over $1,000 and have only been in this house 2.5 months. Can you help?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Very high electricity bill

Switched-on

Hi Christinemrose,

Similar thing happened and I realsed that the meters installed at the property can have alot to do with how much you are charged. 

If you have old metering at the property, it could be that you are paying peak rates at all times where as in your old property you were getting the advantage of off peak metering etc.. Best to check and do some online research. AGL will be coming out to change my meters to the new smart meters so I can take advantage of the off peak rates etc, and bring my bills down from $1,000 a quarter. 

Good Luck. 

Shane

Re: Very high electricity bill

AGL Moderator

Hey christinemrose,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that your latest electricity bill has come as such a shock, and I want to make sure that we get on top of things ASAP to make this more sustainable for you. To ensure that you've been billed accurately, I encourage you to log into your online account (aglener.gy/LogIn) and enter your current meter readings online. This will ensure that you've been billed to an appropriate meter reading to date, and if you have not, it will adjust the amount of your bills automatically!

If you don't find this helpful, we'll ask you to speak to our service team via chat here, have your AGL account number and email address handy, and we'll be sure to help wherever we can.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.