Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Very high electricity bill

Switched-on

Good day.

i want to find out why my electric bill is extremely high while we don’t use heater anymore?

I paid $117.71 before due date (29/9) from 13Aug. To 20Sept.  My next bill due before 3Nov. is $294.21, could you pls check what could be the problem.

Regards,

Edgardo

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Very high electricity bill

AGL Moderator

Hey Edgardo,

Welcome to the community!

There are a few different factors that can result in a higher than expected bill, and we're more than happy to look at these for you. So that we can jump into your account and have a look around, you'll need to contact our web chat team (aglener.gy/ChatCom) who'll be keen to help where they can!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Conductor

I'd like to get a bill which you say is extremely high.

Wanna swap bills mines usually $400-$500+ & I live alone! It's a joke. Should be a Royal Commission into energy companies & it would be the same outcome as the banks, just blatantly ripping off customers. That's why there will never be one!

Very high quarterly electricity bill

Switched-on

Hi there 

I also received a much higher than usual electricity bill for the quarterly period ending in mid August 2018. It was $909 compared to $220 in the previous quarter. 

Please could a moderator look into our account to double check whether a mistake has been made? We are two adults and one infant in a small house. We have used our aircon more in the winter months on heating mode so assumed the bill would be slightly higher but not 4.5 times higher.

Please let me know next steps to have a private conversation re out account.

Thanks

Tags (1)

Re: Very high quarterly electricity bill

AGL Moderator

Hi Bentap,

Thanks for getting in touch!

To have a member of our team look at your latest bill and address these concerns, your best bet is to get in touch with our web chat team here. It may also pay to log into your My Account if you have a interval/smart meter to take a look at your usage data for the last few months or so, as this will shine a light on specifically when this power was used.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Good Day,

Same issue here even my quarterly bill is extremely high its 749 after discount... thinking to switch to energhy australia currently giving a discount of 40%. 

@jing2tapiador wrote:

Good day.

i want to find out why my electric bill is extremely high while we don’t use heater anymore?

I paid $117.71 before due date (29/9) from 13Aug. To 20Sept.  My next bill due before 3Nov. is $294.21, could you pls check what could be the problem.

Regards,

Edgardo

Cez
Switched-on

Hi guys,

I live by myself in a 1950’s granny flat and I normally pay between $200-300 on electricity per quarter. I’ve just received a bill for $1200 for May to August 19. I don’t have aircon, fans, dishwasher or dryer. I have two small oil heaters which I use at night. I work full time so never home between 9-5pm and I also go away on weekends. I’ve checked my bill and it is an actual reading, not estimate. I have also checked that the meter number is the correct one and also done a meter read to compare against bill reading. Both correct.

My bill says I’m using more than the average 6 person home. I cannot comprehend how and no one can help me.

Could it be a faulty meter? I believe AGL charges between $200-400 to have someone come out. I’m renting and my landlord has advised the normal electrician cannot test meters. What do I do? Should I invest in a smart meter? 

Thanks