Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Unfair Default

Switched-on

Hello,

I called someone Monday and they actually helped me out a lot by smoothing out a bill for me. It was wrongly sent to an old address and they actually defaulted my account when it was not paid. When I spoke to the team member on Friday we went through absolutely everything and it was agreed that I was unfairly defaulted as I was unaware of the bill and my assistant was also unaware of the bill being that it wasn’t sent to the correct email or address even though I had updated all details weeks prior to moving.

After about 3 draining hours on the phone they cleared my default to $0 and said they will work on removing the default in the next 24 hours and to check on my credit file to make sure everything goes well. I can now see the amount is still not changed to $0 and the default is still on my credit file.

It’s becoming very stressful as I’ve been trying to fix this issue for weeks now, the only reason I even found this default was because I did a free credit check for my job, which now I’m at risk of losing because of it.  

I’d really like to get this sorted as soon as I can as the amount was $306 and it wasn’t my fault for the payment not being made. I have proof of calls in my call logs and the time I was on the phone for, everything worked out over the phone but I feel like they haven’t actually done anything about it as they had promised.

Please help 🙏🏼

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Unfair Default

AGL Moderator

Hi  Alycecyla,

Thanks for contacting us and being apart of AGL Community.

I do apologise for the experience you've had, it does sound very frustrating.

As this is a specific enquiry relating to your account, you will need to contact us directly here: https://www.agl.com.au/contact-us/social/contact-us 

You can also use AGL Messenger via the APP or My Account online.

Regards,

Jenna