Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Taking money out of my account!!

Switched-on

Last week I awoke to $357 come out of my account, apparently my bill smoothing direct debit wasn’t taking money out of my account, even though there was always money in my account for them to take. So I ring agl and they tell me that the $357 is about 2 months of unpaid direct debits? Which I had no idea about due to setting it up and seeing the first 3 weeks of direct debits coming out so I left it and continued to try put my self in credit.

They also tell me that it will take about 5 days to be refunded and that they were really sorry about the inconvenience, it is nearly Christmas and I have to wait 5 more days to get my kids presents. I ended up waiting out the 5 days and then guess what happens on the 4th day waiting for the refund! They go and take another $357 out of my account so know I am currently $357 in overdraft and still waiting for the first refund now I am really upset cause they are taking money faster then I am receiving it back. I ring agl again they cancel my direct debits untill they sort out what’s happening.

so agl here’s to a un happy customer thanks for ruining mine and my kids Christmas 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Taking money out of my account!!

AGL Moderator

Hey Manz93,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

We're sorry to hear that we've put your family in such a difficult situation at this time of year. If you get in touch with our web chat team (aglener.gy/ChatCom), they'll be sure to help you where they can!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

YI rang last Friday to get the money refunded, use told me it will take 5 days for the refund to get put back into my account! I rang again the coming Monday to double check and use said its all been processed and use will keep an eye on the account. I then wake up Tuesday and another $352.00 has come out so I ring up again, at this point I’m fuming they tell me the bank will bounce it back as i was in overdraft -$352.00. The bank did thank god. So now I’m at $0.00 and still waiting for the first $352 that came out I wait till Friday which is the 5th day I check my account and nothing, so I ring agl AGAIN, I spoke with the manager from resolutions and she tells me they never frickin prosessed the refund the idiots! So now I’m going to have to wait another 5 days ! Use cant help me use cant even help yourself no one can even explain why it’s happened, all I know is it’s all your guys end and I have to just accept that ? It’s Christmas and my son has no presents under tree because use have put me in a financial crisis I’m literally stuffed the best use could offer me was a $100 credit as well as the refund I’m done

AGL Moderator

Hey Manz93,

I'm sorry to hear that this situation has been further complicated since your original post. It sounds like your refund is on the way, but if you'd like me to check up on things, you're more than welcome to send through a private message with your AGL account details!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

Switched-on

I have the same experience with AGL!!! Gosh, I can’t even explain how angry I am at the moment. This company took $821 from my account last week without any information or something! I am on $50 fortnight payment plan and all of a sudden, they decided to take the entire amount in one go! It left me pennyless and I couldn’t pay my rent and my car so had to make a bloody promissory note for my bills! I contacted them thru the online web chat and the rep said she processed the reversal of the amount to my account. Its been like 3-4 days now but I still haven’t got the amount back. Now I am confused if that was all bull**bleep** what the rep told me and I am waiting for nothing. I just had enough of this company. F****! Never again!!!

AGL Moderator

Hi angry1,

Thank you for getting in touch.

It's not hard to understand how having $800+ drawn from your account unexpectedly would put you in a difficult position, and we're sorry that this has occurred. If there is anything that we can do to help in addition to refunding the amount, please get in touch with our web chat team here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Switched-on

Well, I am still waiting for the amount returned in my account maybe if you can check if this has been processed, I will appreciate that. I just could not understand why this has happened maybe, when your company does it to some other  customers, you can get away with it. This occurrence had made my week so stressful! We give your company the authorisation to access our accounts as we would want to pay what is due but not to abuse it!!! 👎

Switched-on

'Use' Smiley LOL

Switched-on

Ive just duscovered they have taken $488 out of my account without permission . I no longer have an account as it was finished a year ago . How the hell do they keep getting awsy with this ?

AGL Moderator

I am sorry that you've had this experience.

We are happy to take a look into this for you and provide an explanation but we would need to speak to you over the phone.

Please contact us by phone and speak to our Resolution team.