Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

TEXT FROM AGL

Switched-on

Good afternoon,

I just received a text from AGL saying: account overdue - Ref#(removed for privacy reasons).
What property is this in reference to? We manage over 50 properties? What is the address? Can you email bill?

Regards,

Greg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: TEXT FROM AGL

Powerhouse

Morning Greg,

There is a high chance it's a scam. AGL is an easy target for scammers as AGL has such a high volume of customers the scammer is bound to to hit a customer easily. On the AGL website it does go into great detail about scammers so a good starting point is never click on any links from an email, better to log to your account, the front door so to speak.

The moderators here will pick on your post, ask you to private message them on your account details and investigate on your behalf.

I also found this litle gem written by Matty and it makes interesting reading: https://community.agl.com.au/t5/Industry-and-Services/Announcement-Hoax-emails-in-circulation/m-p/78...

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Greg. Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. 

Just letting you know that I have removed the account reference number that you posted, as this is linked to an AGL account. I will send you a private message with information about the account. 

However in the future if you receive these texts messages again, you can always contact us or if you don't have time to call you can chat with us online via this link

Thanks

Highlighted

Switched-on

Its a scam 

@Greg wrote:

Good afternoon,

I just received a text from AGL saying: account overdue - Ref#(removed for privacy reasons).
What property is this in reference to? We manage over 50 properties? What is the address? Can you email bill?

Regards,

Greg