Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Submitting a gas meter reading

GRH
Switched-on

I have been paying my monthly gas bill by submitting the actual meter reading through my account App. I’m instructed to only submit whole numbers and not those numbers at the decimal point. On my last bill the reading submitted is noted but AGL has entered an estimate below my reading to include the numbers at the decimal point? What is the purpose of submitting a meter reading if it is being ignored by AGL and an estimate is being included? Come on AGL get yourself sorted!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Submitting a gas meter reading

AGL Moderator

Hey GRH,

Welcome to the Community!

If your meter reading is not submitted at quite the right time, it may be necessary for us to estimate your usage for a few days to bridge the gap between your meter reading date, and the end date of your bill.

We apologise for any frustration that this incident may have caused, and please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything that we can do to help further!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

GRH
Switched-on

Thanks Jayden, understood, but there was only one day between the read submission and the estimate. The difference being 0.225?Kind Regards

GRH

AGL Moderator

Hey GRH,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I agree that such a slight addition your bill does seem unnecessary! A large proportion of our calculations are done using billing algorithms which are on the money the majority of the time, however there are sometimes blemishes such as yours.

Kind regards,

Jayden 

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

Can U please let me know how to submit the GAS meter reading