Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Special meter read fee - why?

Newcomer

Just moved to a new house and changed my energy provider from Energy Australia to AGL. Nothing to complain against Energy Australia though. I just got a better package from AGL. But during my chat with the sales guy, it was never being mentioned about this special gas meter reading charges. I remember I specifically had asked if there is any additional charges except the connection fees but were assured that there is none. Now I have received my first Gas bill and boom - I see this 'special meter reading fee -DR' of $35.22. I had never requested for any meter reading. Then what is this fee and why someone never mentioned about this before. Super dissatisfied. I am seriously considering going back to Energy Australia as I had always found them transparent.

4 REPLIES

Re: Special meter read fee - why?

Dear Sarkar,

Thank you for your getting in touch!

These charges are applicable in the event that you move from one property to another, however these should not be charged when moving from one retailer to another in the same property. We're sorry that we've gotten off on the wrong foot, and we'll ask you to please get in touch with our web chat team here so that we can take a look at this for you!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Newcomer

Called your customer care. She was rude and of no help. She mentioned that this is a connection fee. On googling, I see other posts related to this but what surprises me is the amount charged is rather high for me. My frustration is that I was never mentioned about this charges. Even the plan I received via email doesn't have anything mentioned about this charge or the amount. My understanding is this charge occurs when I request for a meter reading but I haven't requested any. Total rip-off Smiley Sad

Hey Sarkar,

Thanks for your reply!

It's important to acknowledge here that the amount of this fee can vary depending on who your electricity distributor is, which varies from area to area. This is why you may see different amounts quoted for this charge.

It's disappointing to hear that our service has been unhelpful, and we'd like to let you know that you're welcome to send me a private message with your account details if you'd like us to take a look at things for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Newcomer

Thanks Jayden, just sent an email to the email id mentioned with my details.

Regards.