Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Special Meter Read Fee - DR whats is it?

Rookie

Hi 

In my first bill for gas account with AGL, I can see there is Special meter read fee - DR charge of $17.61. I didnt ask AGL for any special meter read. Then why they charge this for me? And, will there be this charge in every billing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Special Meter Read Fee - DR whats is it?

Hey dalim49,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

This charge of $17.61 ($19.37 GST incl.) covers the costs in NSW associated with sending a meter read out to your property especially on the day you moved in to take a reading of your meter. This is an important function, as it ensures that that you are only billing for gas that you've used moving forward, and not for any gas used by the previous tennants. I can confirm that you only be charged this fee once.

Kind regards,

Jayden

3 REPLIES

Hey dalim49,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

This charge of $17.61 ($19.37 GST incl.) covers the costs in NSW associated with sending a meter read out to your property especially on the day you moved in to take a reading of your meter. This is an important function, as it ensures that that you are only billing for gas that you've used moving forward, and not for any gas used by the previous tennants. I can confirm that you only be charged this fee once.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Newcomer

so this fee is charged only one time when I move into a new property yeah?

Hey fancyguy,

That is correct! Your move in meter reading fee is charged on the first bill and the first bill only.

Cheers,

Jayden