Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Spamming Phone Calls

Switched-on

I have been getting spamming phone calls for weeks that my phone has thankfully been classing as Fraud, and blocking. Yet, now I see it is apparently actually AGL that has been doing this to me ... seriously?

So I answer 1 of them, only for the guy to demand my details before he will talk to me, yet he rang me. So I tell him to F Off and hang up.

I log into my AGL account, and see no problems. 

Ring the AGL contact anyway, just to make sure and get put through to resolutions who claim that I have an amount withstanding from our old account before moved home.

What? How ... I don't see that on the My Account dashboard. And I have Direct Debit payments setup, so why wouldn't you have debited the correct amount?

So now I am accused of not paying my bills (that I have never actually seen) and I guess I lost the pay on time discount.

Not happy! No resolution provided.

-- Additional

I just got emailed an account statement that shows you transferred a debt of $140.48 on 14 May from old account to new. Yet payments totalling more than that were made on 16 May. Why was a debt transferred then?

Apparently this outstanding amount was from a gas read. But I was told there was an Actual read of late March and then this final read when we moved out on 26 April. Yet I was told that the final bill was $180+ .... how does that happen? I don't believe that is real. Something went wrong and now you are wasting my time and yours by hounding me for weeks.

I want a proper resolution, or will 100% be switching. You will lose a long term customer (if you care)

1 REPLY 1

Re: Spamming Phone Calls

AGL Moderator

Hi maccamlc,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention here.

This sound both frustrating and confusing. Could you please send me a quick private message with your AGL account number and address so that I can take a look at this for you?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.