Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Solar refund

Rookie

We are currently using a lot less electricity than our solar is producing which has put our bill in credit. I read about a solar credit balance payment but don't understand how it works. Do we need to apply to have the credit sent to us? 

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Solar refund

Drop in

You can request by phone to have your credit deposited into a bank account. I have a standing order on my account and it is paid on the due date of my bill.

I'm just a community member happy to share my knowledge.
To help with account and billing questions where you need to share sensitive information (i.e. your account and personal details), please contact AGL via chat or private message a moderator.

AGL Moderator

Hey Rmil,

As woddles mentioned, we can set up an arrangement that will ensure that your solar credits are refunded to you automatically every quarter! If you'd like to discuss this further, you can get in touch with our web chat team here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Visitor

My refund had always been paid to my bank account BUT NOW for the last 3 billing periods AGL is withholding it.

Why?

Why is it my responsibility to chase down my money? Why did AGL unilaterally alter the setting so that now I have to find out how to get my money?

I am not an administrative employee of AGL, so why make me do admin tasks for you?

AGL Moderator

Hey AdeOm,

Thank you for getting in touch!

I'm sorry to hear that we've left you out the loop here, and you're absolutely correct in stating that the expectation should not be on you to follow up on refunds that we've promised. I'll get in touch with your privately so that we can get this resolved for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

I also had auto refunds running which just stopped one day with no notification from AGL. I phoned and after quite some time on the phone got my refund and was assured that auto refund was working again.

I think it has been twice now and guess what, still not working for this quarter again as my credit has not been refunded! What is wrong with your system?

Newcomer

Hi to all

i have installed my sollar January this year and agl installed my new net meter April 10 2018 .today, I received my first quarter bill and my bill is higher than previous bill.My sollar system producing around 19kw per day and in my bill there is no information about feeding tariff..

can soneone please advise how to rectify this issue ? Will I be able to get solar refund as of January this year please advise thank you 

Drop in

Hi, i'm only a customer so take this with a grain of salt but it is possible if you had your solar installed and turned on before getting the import/export meter you have been charged for your exports. If you had a spinning meter, it would just spin backwards.

I'd check first with your installer and then your retailer. I'm guessing you are reading your inverter and not the imp/exp meter?

To help with account and billing questions where you need to share sensitive information (i.e. your account and personal details), please contact AGL via chat or private message a moderator.

Newcomer

So, what do you suggest I should do.. and thanks a lot for your reply.

So I have checked my bill throughly and this is the credit section says:
Standard Feed-in tariff 415.3186. $0.111 46.10cr
2 percent double discount 8.56cr

So, Agl back dated from 10th of April 2018 when they installed their smart meter..

but my solar system was installed on 6 of January 2018 ..shouldn’t they back pay my FIT from January instead of April..

Drop in

Since Jan 1 this year, I think, SAPN no longer install meters and this has been put onto retailers. The changeover has led to long delays getting meters installed.

Your installer probably should have warned you about the fact you may not get paid for exports until the meter was installed.

AFAIK it is a no no to instal PV and turn it on and leave a spinning disc meter. Unless you can identify and prove how much you exported it would be difficult to get it backdated IMO.

I guess it won't hurt to ask AGL. Sorry, not much help.