Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Solar feed in tariff Victoria

Conductor

Hi there, can someone let me know the status of solar feed in tariff rates for current AGL solar customers in Victoria? I understand from my contract that the rate (33c pkw) was guaranteed until the beginning of 2016 unless otherwise varied. If this is the case, what are the pricing arrangements and what options do I have? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Solar feed in tariff Victoria

Powerhouse

Here in SA it is 6.8c but looking at Victoria, via Google, I spotted this little gem.........

Feed in tariff rate for 2016 

The Essential Services Commission (ESC) has released a final decision to adopt a minimum feed-in tariff rate of 5 cents per kilowatt hour (c/kWh) to apply from 1 January 2016. This minimum rate will apply to all customers that have been receiving the current Feed-in Tariff, currently set at 5.0 cents for 2016, and was introduced on 1 January 2013.

This change does not affect customers on the Premium, Transitional or Standard Feed-in Tariff schemes.

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Alumni

Hey @Ballarat, thanks for your question. As @BWSS has correctly pointed out, the current regulated minimum rate for VIC is 5c per kWh. AGL provide the same tariff to customers, you can read more here.

Any more questions, please let us know 🙂

Before posting, make sure you are familiar with our community guidelines.

And be sure to give a like when you see a helpful post from a user!

Conductor

Thanks for the quick response. I think my contract still says 33ckWh which is what I locked into, but I wasn't sure if this had dropped.

Conductor

Thanks, I wasn't sure if my current feed in tariff rate of 33ckWh had finished. My contract is 5 years. Do you know what will happen after this date?

Retired AGL Moderator

Sounds like you're on the Victorian Transitional Feed In Tarriff (TFIT) @Ballarat. This would mean that your total solar feed in rate of 33c is comprised of 25c from TFIT and 8c from AGL. At the end of your contract your feed in tariff would roll over to the one offered in Victoria at the time, which can be determined by the link above.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!

Conductor

Thanks heaps. I want to look at options closer to the end of contract. Is AGL offering battery storage installations/upgrades for existing AGL Solar customers?

Retired AGL Moderator

Not a problem @Ballarat, we'd be more than happy to discuss options with you closer to your contract ending.

We do indeed have a range of energy storage options - head here for some further info and to take a look at the range. Happy to clarify any questions you may have on these.

Conductor

Thanks for the feedback. I'll read up and think about what options are best.

Retired AGL Moderator

Happy to help. If it's easier you can also give the team a call at any point to discuss - 1300 760 034.