Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Solar Feed in not Recorded

Semiconductor

I have called twice to confirm that I do not need to perform any additional actions to ensure my solar feed is getting recorded, however 'My Usage' still shows no FiT. My smart meter has an export figured recorded, but when I download the CSV from My Usage, there is no feed in data listed. This house is newly built so as I understand it, the figure on the smart meter is what should be showing up in the My Usage page.

From the reading I've done, it should be automatically detected and I should get an invitation to sign up for Solar Command, which hasn't happened either.

Can this please be investigated? 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Solar Feed in not Recorded

AGL Moderator

Hi Josh1,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

Since your solar system was installed, can I ask if you've been in contact with AGL to arrange for your meter to be upgraded to accommodate for exported power?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

Hi Jayden,

I have been in contact with AGL twice since having the solar installed and been told nothing needed to be done on my part. I already have a smart meter as this is a brand new house.

AGL Moderator

Hi Josh1,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Just to confirm, did you arrange for the solar system to be installed after you moved in yourself, or was this included as part of the construction process?

After a solar system is installed, this does need to be flagged with your energy retailer (in this case, AGL) as your meter needs to be upgraded. If your system was installed before your took possession of your property, this this responsibility likely fell on your builder.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Semiconductor

Hi Jayden,

This was after i moved in. I called AGL to confirm if anything needed to be done prior to the install and I was told no. I also called a couple of days ago and was told ‘there’s nothing you need to do, it’s automatic’. If this isn’t the case what do we need to do to get this working properly? 

I do note that the register on my smart smart meter is recording feed in, so is it something on AGL’s end?

Semiconductor

To follow up on this, I just called the AGL solar team to confirm that I did not need to do anything else, only to be informed that the previous advice given by my other calls to AGL was incorrect and that there would be a fee of up to $165 to ‘reconfigure my meter’. This seems slightly unfair considering my previous phone calls indicated there was nothing left to do on my behalf😡

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi Josh1,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It sounds like you have unfortunately been a victim of incorrect information I'm sorry to say. I'll ensure that feedback is provided for this incident. For what it's worth, this fee is payable by everyone who has a solar system installed and as you've mentioned, your meter has already recorded exported power so you will be credited for this retrospectively.

Kind regards,

Jayden