Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Solar Export to Grid

Semiconductor

I joined a week ago and I managed to get some information on my imports from the mobile phone app.  But that doesn't suits me as I work with iPad or PC. I can't do any analysis and can't open an Excel in iphone. I might be able to open excel but iphone is so small to do any work.

So far I can't access any solar data from the phone app as such data is not available. 

Please suggest how can I get access to my solar export data along side the import data. I would like to do a basic comparison and check the time of the day that I should be using my own energy than using form the gird and how to size a battery etc.

So far I have found out that AGL doesn't provide data (solar - export) free to the customers but has a fee $15 monthly.  Please advise is this the only option to access solar export data. At the moment I get nice data streams from two Fronius inverters and a web server and free.

These days access to your own meters data should be free and shouldn't be paying any money. Unless AGL sell energy data as well.

thanks

Yani

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Solar Export to Grid

AGL Moderator

Hi Yani,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback!

Provided you have a smart meter on site, you should have access to your solar export data by following this link once logged in. If you're unable to access this information through this page, please send me a private message with your account details and any relevant screenshots of errors that you encounter so that we can look into this further for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hi Jayden,

I have sidelined this issue for the moment (until the first bill) and file a case with Ombudsman on unreliable customer support advise and meter data sales (Solar Command) attempt. Origin gives this data free by the way.

There is no point fiddling around on AGL's failure on this issue and it is a waste of time. I gathered that from my personal experience that and no one in AGL knows or everyone pretends to help but no any idea.

I found few interesting posts about AGL's push on $15 solar command as an alternative. Need to sign of a 24 month contract too.

Thanks for your support but I get all the time same answer from you. Kind of boring and not working.

I found in a post your are saying AGL IQ is defunct but you advised that I should use that to get the data.

Confusing.

Yani

PS: If you press the link then you go through eternal loop of frustration. Thanks to AGL

1st Error.PNGThis appears when the link pressed. Looks promising2nd Error.PNG

Switched-on

Hey Yani,

I feel your pain. AGL IQ is on a seperate portal and is very unreliable. and often comes up with the error page. When you do get it to load, it is quite useful. AGL are constantly apologising for it being a temporary experience which is a real understatement.

More worrying is the monthly AGL billing system for solar users.

They cannot explain why they have to make continual adjustments to their bills that are being produced as estimated readings. The data from the smart meter is being displayed on AGL IQ site and the usage costs are being produced on the mobile app but the bills displayed on the customer login page are woefully inaccurate and confusing. There are debit charges on due dates that do not match the actual bills with unexplained carry overs and adjustments. As well, we are being sent text messages for usage charges debits that do not appear on the account page. The response from AGL billing was to reprint all our bills online to tidy up after the fact but the mismatches continue. It is a real mess.

Conductor

I would also like to be able to view my exporting I have rang 4 times and nobody seems To be able to help me I also can not join solar command 

AGL Moderator

Hi Scooter29,

We're not taking on new subscriptions for Solar Command at the moment, but you can access your export data through your AGL My Account here.

Please let me know if you have any issues with this platform!

Cheers,

Jayden

Conductor

Well that’s bull**bleep** and the link you gave me does not work 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

AGL Moderator

Sorry to hear Scooter29.

Can you give this link a try?

Cheers,

Jayden

Conductor

Still won’t open this is ridiculous 

Conductor

Are you going to help me and fix the problem or just ignore me