Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

So called "smart meters" -

Semiconductor

Hey Jayden - can you help with this query ?????????

Because we had solar panels intalled we had to have new smart meters installed - On Monday of this week ( 21/5/18) - our new meters were installed by an accredited AGL Level 2 electrician - Both our meters were replaced - the old three phase meter and our old dedicated off peak ( CL2) meter for our hot water service.

PLEASE ANSWER THIS IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND JAYDEN -

There are ONLY two of us in this household and we are both 60 years old - we each take one shower a day which are by no means lengthy showers ( we shower to wash not to luxuriate under the flowing heated water !!) - we do not have a spa bath and we do not take long hot baths either - a short shower does us both nicely.

Our washing machine washes are ALWAYS cold water washes - our dishwasher is set on economy cycle and being that there are only two of us here the dishwasher is used twice a week. ( sometimes 3 times per week if we are feeling extravagant) We have a 3 year old Rheem 315 litre hot water service.

For the purpose of this query I have used the past 6 months accounts - our past 6 month ( CL2 electricity usage from November 1st 2017 through to May 1st 2018) totalled 1,345 kWh which is a monthly average of 224.16 kWh which is a daily average of 7.472 kWh

We were advised by AGL to give the meter 3 days to settle into its cycling routine and this is what we have done.

After 3 days, this is the metering readout from our new "single phase general purpose and dedicated Off Peak circuit meter" Active Stream Smart Meter Model Mk7A -  the meter readout is showing 40.1 kWh usage which equates to a daily usage of 13.366 kWh

which , on that basis, would equate to a monthly usage of 401 kWh !!!!! THATS A 78.2% INCREASE - LETS ROUND IT UP TO 80% JUST BECAUSE IT'S PRETTY **bleep** CLOSE TO 80%.

THE ONLY THING THAT HAS CHANGED IN THIS WHOLE EQUATION AND SCENARIO IS THE METER - SO, IN THE FAMOUS WORDS OF PAULINE HANSON ..............PLEASE EXPLAIN !!!!!!!! AND JUST ANOTHER LITTLE TIDBIT TO THROW INTO THE MIX ..................WE WERE NOT HOME ALL DAY TODAY , AND A HOT WATER TAP WAS NOT TURNED ON UNTIL ABOUT 6PM THIS EVENING - WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING THE READOUTS FROM THIS METER AND SHALL TAKE THE MATTER UP WITH THE OMBUDSMAN AND SEEK ALL AVENUES OF RECOURSE AVAILABLE TO US IF AGL ARE NOT PREPARED TO FIX THIS MATTER BECAUSE IN MY EYES THIS IS FLAGRANT PRICE GOUGING BY WAY OF THE PROGRAMMING WITHIN THIS SO CALLED SMART METER...................NOT HAPPY - CAN YOU TELL 😞

2 REPLIES 2

Re: So called "smart meters" -

AGL Moderator

Hi WazzaG,

Thanks for your post!

I can appreciate how this change in your usage patterns could be alarming in conjunction with your recent meter change. This is definitely something that is worth looking into further, however we're unable to explore account-specific problems through this public forum.

Please send me a private message with your account details and we'll be in touch with you soon!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Re: So called "smart meters" -

Switched-on

hi WazzaG

What was the outcome?  are you able to provide any information?

Thanks

Charles