Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Smart Reader producing an estimate bill

Semiconductor

Hi We had a Smart Reader installed  in June and now we are only receiving an ESTIMATE for our bill, which is twice as much as what our bill has been in the past. We have called AGL since  beginning of September more then 10times now and still now resolution in sight. How hard can it be for someone to come and read our metre  and fix the problem. All we get is the run around. If the smart reader is meant to send every 30minutes the data to our retailer (as the fancy AGL brochure on smart readers explains) why is the bill just an estimate and why wasn't this picked up already in June.. that something must not be right????? We never had problems when we just had our old metre and disapointed that the first complaint we had with AGL is handled so badly. Can anyone recommend what would be the next step to take as getting tired of having to call AGL each week and spend hours on the phone with their resolution team...without any resolution in sight.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Smart Reader producing an estimate bill

Powerhouse

Afternoon Stefano,

By smart reader I take it you mean an AGL installed smart meter? That being the case it may be a faulty meter, my first one actually stopped but there is a button on the meter which I can't recall now that sort of got it going, I had to do that on two occasions and from then on all was fine.

When you look at the meter it should toggle between different readings but should increase, does that happen?

The smart meter has an antenna normally outside of the switchboard, is it still there or has a passer by or kids damaged it, when they install a new meter they do check for 3G signal strength so that should not be in issue.

If you wait a little while I'm sure a moderator here will pick up the post and invite you to Private Message them and provide a link to do so and they will want some info like your account number to better look after your query.

Meters and policy vary depending on the state your in out of interest.

I'm a great believer in the written word so your post will be answered and you can track it's progress.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Re: Smart Reader producing an estimate bill

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Stefano. Certainly sounds like a frustrating issue that you are experiencing with your billing post the smart meter installation. There could be several reasons as to why the billing is reflecting as estimated, to ensure that we are providing you with the correct answer and best information, can you please send us a private message with your AGL account details and we will investigate this further for you. 

Thanks

Smart Digital electricity meter not sending reading to AGL

Semiconductor

For three months I have been ringing (10 phone calls). Because our billl had doubled because the smart digital electricity meter was not sending the reading, both the usage or the solar to AGL. We had the meter installed mid June 2016 and has not been send any readings at all, why wasn't this picked up then. After today's phone call I feel AGL has put it into the "TOO HARD BASKET". I also feel they don't care. Also I was told we had a choice to have the meter put on. But we just got told that they were up grading the meter. I don't know what to do. How Hard is it to send a person to read and fix the problem. 10 times they told me they were going to get this done.....

Re: Smart Digital electricity meter not sending reading to AGL

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Stefano. I have just replied to your private message. 

Thanks