Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Re: Smart Meter and Feed in tariffs

Powerhouse

Hi Anne, I can't answer on behalf of AGL but I'm pleased for you that it has all worked out in your favour and no additional costs are needed!!

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Anne

That is great that you were able to speak with your solar installer and confirm if your meter was a net or gross meter. In NSW as the solar installation is completed without AGL's involvement, we are not always aware of the configuration of the original metering. Also meters can vary dependent on distribution region and age. 

It is up to the electricity distribution company to update the retailer with the configuration of the solar metering, however at this time AGL is offering the digital meter exchange regardless of the current configuration. As the exchange is not mandatory, a customer can opt out at any time. 

Thanks 

Switched-on

Do not agree to the "Smart" meter fitment, it is not about helping AGL in keeping costs down, it is about increasing profits by charging more at peak times and increasing AGL management  income !!!!!!

AGL Moderator

Hi @Keeney

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to understand that you are not happy with smart meters. We have written up an article to avoid common misconceptions, which you can access here. One thing that you cannot mistake is that the amount you pay with an analogue meter will not change with a digital meter.

I hope this helps to answer some of those questions you have. 

Cheers, Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.