Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Simply cannot login

Switched-on

I cannot use my AGL account.

Every time I click the link to login in it asks for email. I give it my email. Then it makes me do validation. I do validation. Then asked for acount number. Then it either loops back to the start or asks for my phone number. do the phone number and it has issue half the time and asks for name birthdate... giving these details results in no success. And restart of the loop...

I have tried 'reseting'password, without any effect either.

I have gone through chat 2x now. Gone through all above told no issue, told they would reset. told it would work. Each time chat has failed and no further communicatiosn or success.

How can AGL function as a company being this illiterate with their own IT solutions?

Anyone had this ridiculous loop of incompetence and managed to access their account well enough? Or do I simply have to switch to a competitor in order to view simple things such as bills and account details?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Simply cannot login

AGL Moderator

Hey AGLis2horrible,

Welcome to the community!

It's clear from your post that our online services have been causing your some inconvenience, which we'd like to apologise for. Given that you've attempted to contact AGL on a number of occasions now with no resolution, I encourage you to send me a private message with your account details so that I can escalate this problem for you.

Thanks,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

I'm having exactly the same problem.  After many attempts at 'validation' and being sent through 'the loop', I eventually managed to speak to someone (3rd time) who said they would refer my problem to Technical Support and I would hear back in a few days. Three weeks and three days,  I'm still waiting and still can't access my account. Like you I'm seriously thinking of changing to another provider. I don't do business with incompetence.

AGL Moderator
  • Hello @AA-K and @AGLis2horrible, 

I'm very sorry to hear of your frustrations in trying to access your account. Our technical team continue to work on this and have provided some next steps to see if we can get you access. It seems something went wrong in the background that set you up on our 'one time code' system. We have also found that customers using Internet Explorer have mostly been experiencing problems, is that the browser you are both using? 

If you are still experiencing problems, please try the following steps: 
  • Clear your cache, find out here
  • Restart the device you have been using, and open a new browser
  • Go to the My Account log in page
  • Enter your email address and request 'one time code'
  • Check your email and enter the cdde sent to you and click 'next'.

You should now have access to My Account. To change how you log in, ie. to set a password rather than use the one time code option, follow these steps:

• Click on 'Manage Account'
  • Click on 'Login details'. Click 'edit'
  • Find the 'log in method' box and enter password in the 'Create Password' field. Click 'create password'
  • You'll then see a message 'hang on tight, please wait while your password is activated'. When successful it will say "Password is active". 

Now, you should be able to log into My Account using your email and password. Please advise if this works for you or if you continue to experience problems.

Kindly,

Sam 

Switched-on

Where's the thumbs down?

Password reset and re-entering / creation does nothing. I have used a freshly downloaded browser to attempt this = no cache.

I consider this my notice. 

If AGL can not just simply fix their system I will have switched services, regarding payments and accounting I will be directing them to my lawyer and an invoice for time wasted on their failed service and following their incorrect instructions.

Sincerely,

frustrated.

Advice to others : AGL reviews : Should I switch to AGL = no,  never start an account with AGL, unless your time is not worth anything to you.

Switched-on

Man I also cannot log in, I came over to AGL 6 weeks ago, as I was promised greener pastures well I can't even get through the front gate !!!

Same stupid puppy dog every  time informing that something has gone wrong! I've been very patient but Ive got a business to run so I need to be on the pulse. I just dont understand how a company as big as AGL cant resolve this issue.. Also why do I need a code every time I want to access my account whats wrong with just a password?

Energy Australia I'll see you soon

WHAT A JOKE YOU ARE AGL!!!

AGL Moderator

Hey zahir81,

Thanks for joining the Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having this issues with our online services. If you'd like us to take a look at things, I'll ask you to send me a private message and I'll be in touch with you ASAP.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

Have a similar problem, gotta enter my email address everytime I go to access my account. " please wait while we log you out " what a load of rubbish. One would think I am trying to access my bank account. Started about a week ago, what a pain in the **bleep**. The IT department have a problem that they are passing on to their ' valuable ' customers.Let me log in and stay logged in till I decide to logout.

AGL Community Manager

Login issues are frustrating and they can be caused by a variety of factors. You'll need to contact us to have them investigated. 

When you contact us, the issue will be passed along to technical agents to be examined. If, at the end of this process, you don't feel your issue has been resolved, please let me know by sending me a private message. To do this, click on my name and then Send A Message.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.