Repeated bill

akouz
Conductor
1 Reply 6860 Views

Today I've got e-mail from AGL with electricity bill for period from 3/10/2018 to 2/12/2018. I already received this bill by e-mail on 6/11/2018. Why AGL sent me the old bill again?

5 REPLIES 5
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 6665 Views

Hi akouz,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It wouldn't be possible for us to generate your bill for 3/10/2018-2/12/2018 on 6/11/2018. Would you mind double checking these dates?

Cheers,

Jayden

akouz
Conductor
0 Replies 6661 Views

Hi jaydeny,

Today's e-mail reads:

Dear Alex

Here is a summary of your latest electricity bill.

The General Terms for Market Contracts have been updated with effect from 1 February 2019. For further information and to view the updated General Terms, click here.
Your Bill overview
Bill period: 3 Oct 2018 to 2 Nov 2018 (31 days)
Direct Debit amount$xxx
Direct Debit date23 Nov 2018

E-mail from 6/11/2018 reads:

Dear Alex

Here is a summary of your latest electricity bill.
Your Bill overview
Bill period: 3 Oct 2018 to 2 Nov 2018 (31 days)
Direct Debit amount$xxx
Direct Debit date23 Nov 2018

They are similar, but they are not identical. Both provide a link to the same bill.

akouz
Conductor
1 Reply 6660 Views

BTW,  yesterday I rang AGL and asked the robot to generate a new bill. I hoped it might substitute my latest bill with actual meter readings instead of estimated.  It did not happen.

Robot told me it generated another bill. I was not able to see the new bill, only a summary appeared online.

Maybe it is a cause why AGL sent me an old bill. It looks like your billing software has not been debugged properly.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 6651 Views

HI akouz,

Thank you for getting back to me.

If you request for another copy of your bill to be sent to you, it will be a duplicate of your existing bill and not an updated copy. I apologise for the confusion.

If you need any changes made to this bill, please reach out to our customer service team here who'll be happy to help further.

Kind regards,

Jayden

akouz
Conductor
0 Replies 6650 Views

Hi Jayden,

No, I did not request another copy of an old bill.

System offered me to generate a new bill, I've chosen that option.  Apparently it generated a new bill because I can see a summary of a new bill in my account, it is $60.41 credit. But I do not have access to the new bill, when I download it I get the bill for December for $136. 

There is no reason why AGL sent me again the old bill for November last year. It was not the last AGL bill, it was not the first AGL bill.  It looks randomly selected.