Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Remote Energy Meter Read Wrong or perhap meter faulty

Switched-on

Hi everyone,

Issue:

Energy usage from my "Smart meter" display is far lower than the remote read of AGL since I found from AGL mistake on my bill (wrong calculation). I made an inquiry and email them how and why there is big gap different ? I got few answer back from AGL that " "WE ARE NOT ACCEPT CUSTOMER READ" because this is a SMART METER. The data will be sent to use every 15mins ..

Fact :

There are instruction how to read your Smart Meter:

https://www.powercor.com.au/our-services/smart-meters/how-to-read-your-smart-meter/

https://www.agl.com.au/residential/help-and-support/how-to-read-your-meter

Evidences:

I took photo and periodly recorded and the evidence clearly showed less usage than remote read. Sent to AGL and Powercor

Action :

1/ I emailed Powercor to get them involved to this case since they are AGL suppler. As Powercor suggestion, I need to contact AGL and asked AGL to contact Powercor for further investigation due to at the end, the power bill will be adjust if there is a case of faulty meter.

2/ After awhile, I emailed AGL again for seeking an answer. They replied me again that the meter could not be read by customer and data based on their remote read. I found AGL statement that represent an case that against Australian Consumer Law. 

3/ Powercor keep telling me to contact AGL .

Conclusion:

This is a loop investigation, I need a clarificaiton of how the smart meter display is different from the data of remote read. If so, an exist of instruction "How to read your smart meter" is nonsence ! Otherwise, I need to take a further action to logde my complaint to Ombusman if required.

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Remote Energy Meter Read Wrong or perhap meter faulty

Switched-on

Hi 83home

Just a heads up, it took me 3 months to get my account sorted due to no readings once the smart meter was installed and several billing errors.

All the best with your issues.