Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Refund enquiry

Conductor
I have bill smoothing fortnightly payments set up with AGL. This morning I made the payment online but when I changed the pre filled amount paying box it changed back when the page refreshed and I didn't realise, so paid the entire amount instead of my $94 payment. My bank can't cancel it and agl have said they won't receive it till Monday but generally only refund if the account is in credit, mine won't be it will just be paid off. They have left me with nothing, I urgently need that money to feed my family, has anyone had anything like this happen and convinced them to refund?
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Refund enquiry

Powerhouse

I'll stand corrected but bill smoothing has quite strict rules and I would be surprised if a refund would be possible but you can only ask. Depending on the meter you have, smart or otherwise, in your position I would tend to read it, work out your bill to date and pay it off yourself as you see fit, that way your in control. Remember also bill smoothing is via an 'estimated figure' , often not in your favour if you Google complaints on Bill smoothing.

More on bill smoothing can be dound at thier website: https://www.agl.com.au/residential/help-and-support/billing-and-payments/bill-smoothing 

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

AGL Moderator

Hi @Kezry

Shouldn't be an issue, pop us some details via private message such as your account number, once we receive the payment we should be able to refund the difference between the bill smoothing payment and the amount you sent through to us. 

Powerhouse

It's nice when I m wrong, glad to say, well done Nathan.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Conductor
Thank you so much Nathan I'll do that now! You have made my day 🙂

Conductor
Thanks for your help Rob 🙂

Conductor

I was really happy with smooth billing. But I have had 3adults and a toddler move out so my electricity bills are not even close but I have still been charged with the same payment to be now at the point where I am $733 in credit. I love to be a bit in front but I do have other bills that need that money. I would like to be able to apply for a refund but they make it so difficult for the average person. Any advice 

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @dahopkins

Thank you for your feedback concerning bill smoothing! I can understand your concern when trying to get a refund if your usage falls under the amount that you have paid. Our service team will be able to assist you with this at anytime. You can speak to them via web chat here. I hope this helps answer your question and we look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks, Dave.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

Agl hold my credit for 2 months, no one care, no one response. they just ignore! Please help , going to report to EWOV. WHICH AGL WILL PAY $350 FOR EACH CASE,  If youa re not happy, leave negative in all reviews site

Switched-on

Yes, very difficult. even with our own money. COMPLAIN. TO ENERGY AND WATER OMBUDSMEN. , LEAVE FEEDBACK ON PRODUCTS REVIEWS.