Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Reading on meter/Average household usage

Switched-on

Hello,

Just curious.

I have 3 people living at my house, and constantly, the average daily usage in my home is lower than the average for 1 person living in a home. To sum it up, 3 people in my house is averaged lower than 1 person in a house.

My question is, why would this be. And is it better for me to do my own meter reads.

I feel I'm paying to much for my electricity.

Is there a way to get the best accurate readings?

I added a pic of the average house usage

Any advice would great thanks!

Gas Bill Average.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Reading on meter/Average household usage

AGL Moderator

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for being curious about your usage and posting a question. There are a number of factors that impact your energy usage. 

We have some great resources that might be helpful: Firstly, you might like to review this article about estimated bills. It might be good to learn more about monthly billing too. Submitting your own meter read could lead to more accurate reads reflecting your household usage. Click these links to learn more about self-service meter reads and digital meters.

We have lots of energy saving tips too, which you can find here.

I hope that's a start Michael and please reach out if you have more questions that myself or the Community might be able to answer!

Cheers,

Samjy 

Highlighted

Switched-on

Thanks for your reply,

I have tried to enter own meter reading, but it says I have a smart meter installed(fair enough)

But I seriously question the validity of the reading. 3 people, with up to 6 people within the 3 months, STILL lower average for a 1 person home in my area.

How do I know, or anyone else know, we are getting an accurate reading?

AGL Moderator

Thanks for your reply, MichaelTei!

Your can view your usage data by logging into your online account here: aglener.gy/LogIn.

You can marry this data up with your usage habits within your property to determine which appliance you may have used at a particular time of a particular day which caused a spike in usage. By identifying these trends, you can work towards saving energy in the future! However, if you still do not feel that this data is accurate after your review, we recommend that you get in touch with our web chat team here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.