Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

'Re-connect/disconnection fee'

Semiconductor

Just received an invoice for $103.78 for this 'service'. I have had services connected since late last year. Anyone aware of what this may be? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: 'Re-connect/disconnection fee'

AGL Moderator

Hey Coal,

Welcome to the Community!

This fee of $103.78 ($114.38 incl. GST) corresponds with the fee charged for an after hours connection in certain areas of NSW. If you don't believe that this connection has been carried out for you since moving in to the property, we'd encourage you to get in touch with our web chat team here to discuss this further!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Thank you for the response. I have had numerous issues with AGL since signing up in Dec. I understand my billing is based on estimates so the first two were around $55 and the third based, on the actual reading, came in at $66. A month or so later I received an invoice for approx. $98 which included three 'adjustments' , all up of course I guess reflecting subsequent even more accurate readings?!!.

Now you send me the aformentioned gross fee gouge of over $110? Come on now. Interesting that the subject of price gouging by energy providers is all over the news today.

I dont answer the phone to unknown numbers so could you please confirm you will remove this charge forthwith by either the community or email.

Thank you

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey Coal,

To have these concerns addressed, you'll need to contact us.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Thank you for addressing my concerns. I hope things run smoothly from here on.