Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

RIP AGL IQ

Drop in

Hey everyone,

up until this week i could and probably you could access the AGL IQ panel on your acct to find out how much solar paower you are generating and how much net difference there is in between generation and usage. This has now been turned off despite still being promoted on the acct page. see below.

NOW INSTEAD, YOU ARE INVITED TO SPEND $15 PER MONTH TO SEE THE USAGE IN NET TERMS WHICH YOU WERE BEING PROVIDED FOR FREE. AND.... YOU HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR 2 YEARS TO SEE YOUR USAGE OR YOU GET NOTHING AT ALL.

REMEMBER THIS WAS FREE AND NOW YOU CAN GIVE BACK IN OUR CASE 25-30% OF YOUR GENERATION SAVINGS JUST TO FIND OUT WHATS HAPPENING. 

Please remind me of how this helps us?????

here s the pic of my acct from tonight saying it is still avalable, even though it isn't

What do you say AGL???

time to contact the checkout tomorrow

all the best

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 10.24.40 pm.png

5 REPLIES

Re: RIP AGL IQ

Hey jbcdv,

Thank you for your post.

Please be advised that AGL have a free alternative to the 'Solar Command' service that you've mentioned, which has similar features to the now defunct AGL IQ service. This is known as 'Solar Command Check', and more information kind be found here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Drop in

Jayden, 

seriously, it has no info on usage vs generation at all or have you not looked at it. your own website highlights this. please ask everyone who responds as admins or moderators to KNOW what they  are saying: see below. it has no reporting features at all comparable to IQ app. let me know where i may be wrong at your leisure. I am onto abc today about thisScreen Shot 2018-02-20 at 9.09.30 am.png

Hey jbcdv,

I acknowledge that the Solar Command Check service does differ from AGL IQ in many ways, though it does still contain some similar features. I also appreciate how having certain features taken away could prove to be frustrating, which we'd like to apologise for.

I'll ensure that your feedback is provided to our developers for future reference, as any changes made should ideally be enhancing the customer experience, as opposed to diminishing it.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Visitor

It is a great one for the checkout.

AGL charging for a zero marginal cost service which should be included in the service for free to help people manage their bills and check if their AGL provided service is working.

i only found out there was a problem with my Agl install via the free AGL IQ.

it is a tone deaf action in the current environment and runs counter the intent of the AEMC’s Power of Choice workstream. 

Rookie

Very sad that this functionality has been removed. It claims that Solar Insights is coming soon, so I thought perhaps if I was patient something similar would return but months later, nothing.

However, all is not lost. For SA customers with smart meters, SA Power Networks now has a  free portal that shows you your consumption, generation and maximum demand and I use that to see most of what I used to be able to see at AGL IQ, just not converted into dollars and cents. 

https://www.sapowernetworks.com.au/centric/customers/mymeter.jsp

The AGL MyAccount page is now only useful for accessing bills, something most other providers provide as well, so a fairly big reason for staying with AGL no longer exists for me.