Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Re: Questions on Digital Meter upgrade

Powerhouse

SA must be different somehow, when I checked with Origin and other big retailers I got the same blank reply, they said cannot read the AGL meter on line, I had the same problem with Simply Energy so had to dump the AGL meter, get SAPN here to install their very standard meter which is manually read, every quarter, not the best but the only solution. Originally I did ask the others if they could read, they said yes, hoping for our business but when I quizzed them in depth and asked for them to acknowledge in writing thay could read the AGL meter on line, all retracted, sometimes it's the question(s) you ask to get the correct answer, anyway, if your satisfied with their replies go for it if you need to.

Rob 

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Conductor

as you mention, what the person you speak to says and what actually ends up happening when you try to switch can be very different experiences.

Perhaps I shall insist on something in writing from AGL.

Powerhouse

Hi Scott,

I actually meant from the others retailers, they said they could read an AGL meter, I would want positive proof like exactly how will they get the read data, AGL insist anyone could read the meter bt I think there is more to it, like, I can read it too if they supply me the software and and I have a front end here to actually read it, perhaps the ones you have talked to suggest they have it all in place, Simply Energy said to me in writing, they cannot do the read, I have to change my meter and SAPN then do the read and pass it to Simply Energy, it's is very complicated indeed and just a tad more than................yerr.............I can read thier meter, sign up with me.

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Conductor

Rather than calling multiple retailers who may or may not even know if they can, it would be far simpler to have (in writing) something from AGL saying there are no issues with other retailers accessing the details. That way if there does turn out to be a problem that requires the meter to be replaced, I can insist on AGL covering the cost (on the basis of misleading advice, *if* that turned out to be the case)

Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Apologies for the delay in response here @Scott. To answer your questions:

1. The notice that we provide prior to installation indicates the 10 day window in which the meter will be installed. If you need any specific timing give us a call to make an appointment - 1300 669 245.
  2. The way consumption and solar production is measured will be same as your old digital meter, except that the new digital meter can be read remotely.
  3. No, your tariffs will not change with the installation of the new meter.
  4. At this stage no. We do however have the function for customers to download their data through the web interface into a CSV file once they’ve logged in.

Keep the questions coming if you do have any more.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!