Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Quarterly bill looks high??

Switched-on

Can someone help out - does this sound right?? I just received my quarterly bill as I've now been living at my place for 3 months, and have been charged $362.

I'm living by myself in a brand new small, one-bedroom unit with 2 ceiling fans. I only have a small bar fridge, a brand new washing machine that I use once every 2 weeks at most, a brand new dishwasher that I used once before opting to wash my dishes by hand and in the last two weeks bought a new tv - before this I didn't have one. I only use 2 lamps at nighttime instead of overhead lighting. I'm never there over the weekend and I work 40 hours a week so am not at home blasting things all the time. Also, AGL made a mistake and disconnected my electricity for a week while I was out of the country, but looking at my data usage they've charged me over $80 during this period - they say this is just because they just spread the data out over the days during the period however I have a smart meter, so shouldn't they have exact daily readings? I've been back and forth with them so many times now and I'm ready to up and leave AGL for another provider as they really aren't helping, so I just wanted to see if anyone can help me out if this sounds right or wrong?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Quarterly bill looks high??

AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

Hi tesstux,

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear of your most recent bill being higher than expected, and we'd like to see what we can do to assist with these concerns. We recommend that you start by checking your current meter reading against the meter reading on your bill to ensure that it is accurate. If the reading shown on your bill is accurate, you should expect the reading shown on your meter to be higher. We also encourage you to have a look at our energy saving advice page here which contains helpful information and links that'll help you understand how energy is used in your household.

If you'd like us to take a closer look at your account specifically, you're welcome to get in touch with our web chat team here.

Kind regards, 

Le 

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.