Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Program to analyse smart meter data.

SC
Conductor

Hi,

Is there a program I can use to feed in my smart meter download to analyse power useage and compare it to my bill?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Program to analse smart meter data.

AGL Moderator

Hi SC,

Thanks for reaching out!

There are a variety of services available similar to the one you've suggested. Eligibility criteria can vary, however. You can find out more about this by following this link.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

SC
Conductor

Hi,

I looked at the link. I couldn't what I'm after.

Maybe I didn't explain myself.

What I'm after is a program that will analyse the data from my smart meter. It will output the power used and solar power generated between specific dates. This is so I can compare it to the AGL bill.

AGL Moderator

Hey SC,

Thanks for getting back to me!

My apologies for the misunderstanding in my previous post. You can very quickly gain access to your usage data by logging into your AGL online account by following this link: aglener.gy/LogIn. This service will allow you to break down your usage into hourly intervals on, or between, selected dates.

Hopefully that helps!

Jayden.

SC
Conductor

Sorry about not getting back to you earlier. I missed the link when it came in.

I already had downloaded the data from the meter. What I wanted was a program that I could feed the data from the smart meter into.

So I was after a program to analys the smart meter data.

AGL Moderator

Hey Sc,

Thanks for getting back to me!

To my knowledge, such a program does not exist at the moment I'm sorry to say. If there is anything that we can do to help you analyse this data, please don't hesitate to sing out!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

Switched-on

Hey Jayden,

I've received exported report file for AGL smart meter from one of my clients to work on power factor issue, but unfortunately I couldn't understand the charts and data. could you please help me to find how figure it out?

Kind Regards

Ali

Super Charger

Hi SC,

Once you have logged into your account.

Click on usage.

Then click on  "GO TO ELECTRICITY & SOLAR USAGE"

You will then see details for your weekly use.

WeeklyView.JPG

You can hover over each day and see your usage.

At the bottom of the screen you can see a "Download Usage Data" button.

Click on that and the below box will pop up.

UsageData.JPG

You can then open the file (you will need access to a spreadsheet programme) or save this.

Sheet1.JPG

This is the complete list of your meter readings for every half hour and generally is not usable unless you are well versed in spreadsheets and data reading.

Now in my opinion this information is useless.

All I want to know is the midnight meter reading.

I have asked on other forums can they supply a single daily reading but the answer at the moment is no.

As a result I track my own results.

I know the meeting reading that I started the billing period with and by adding the daily usage (and generation) to a spreadsheet I can track my midnight meter reading.

meterTrack.jpg

Above is when I transferred to AGL and billing commenced 28 April.

Getting the data is manual, as I stated above, the downloads are useless.

So if you are keen you can get the data your self. Takes some time but once you get up to date its just a once a week job that takes a few minutes.

To get the data go into any usage view, hover your mouse over the wanted day and column and note the information.You can see hereDataGrab.jpg the information for my generation (feed in) to the grid on the 6th May 2019.

Then add the data to your sheet.

Was going to add more but have reached my limit for this post...

Cheers Neil

Highlighted

Super Charger

Hi again SC,

Adding more to my post.

SheetUpdate.JPGSo once I have added the data to the sheet I get a few things.

I get my updated Peak Meter reading, updated Solar Output reading.

I can also get the  generated amount from my Solar inverter and use this to get more Statistics.

I used 3.99Kw during the time that I was generating power that day (6th), this is what I used to heat my hotwater and run my household.

This means I actually saved 22*$0.2 ($4.40) and 4*$.04 ($1.60) or $6.00 that day, by having solar power on my roof.

Now I take this one step forward and have another spreadsheet that I use to predict (with great accuracy) my next household bills (water, gas, electricity, council rates etc.

ElectUpdate.JPG

Above is my electricity info page which gives me info about all of my electricity. even as to how much to pay and when to do it.  This in turn allows me to generate my NEXT ELECTRICITY BILL as seen below.

Billprediction.JPG

As you can see ELECTRICITY is costing me 34 Cents a day at the moment, compared to $1.02 for the last bill (from previous provider). Having overcast and rainy conditions for the past few weeks. But I am saving on the water usage at the moment.

WaterUSE.JPG

So saving about $1.00 a day on water (I round up the required payment on next bill automatically).

If you don't use a spreadsheet (because you don't have one) there are a few free Microsoft Office type programmes around. I have Office 2016 on one laptop, but have Libre Office installed on my other two Windows laptops and also on my three Linux laptops.

GoogleDrive.JPGGoogle also has an OFFICE type package that is available from a Gmail account from MY DRIVE. Has a few  issues for me as it does not support Excel in some of its functions and features.

You can always read your own meter, for accurate results you should do so at mId-night, but if you read at the same time each day (say 20:00 or 8pm) you will get reliable usable figures, why so late you ask, because you will have mainly  finished generating power for the day.

Cheers Neil

AGL Community Manager

Thanks for the detailed responses @NeilC; that's awesome.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.