Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Printing of account

Conductor

I have trouble when I print out my AGL account. The variables (e.g. my name, address and the dollar amounts) are printed as open rectangles. I can "see" the account OK on the screen - it just won't print. I don't have any other printing problems with any other documents or pdf files. I had a "chat" online to an AGL person but all they did was send me a copy of the account - which still wouldn't print. Is anyone else having this problem?

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Printing of account

Retired AGL Moderator

Hey @David, welcome to the Community!

So we can try to replicate this, which browser are you using to generate the pdf file, and from where are you accessing the pdf of the bill? Have you tried using an alternative browser to generate the bill?

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!

Conductor

Hi Jeremy
I just had a look at the account with Firefox – unfortunately it also printed with the variables shown as open rectangles. I am not sure that this was displayed in pdf format – but it still wouldn’t print. This remains my only document that I can’t seem to print….I also just tried to print out my electricity account which I also hold with Agl – from March and got the same result. I was able to print it out last March. Something has changed since then – either at my end with maybe a software update – or at Agl’s end. At this stage no other problems are evident with any other companies/accounts
David

Retired AGL Moderator

It appears that this may be a font generating issue @David. To determine whether this is the case, follow these instructions on the Adobe website to print the bill as an image rather than a pdf. Let us know how you go with this.

Conductor

When I tried to save the bill it seems to want to save as a "web Archive" format - and I can't seem to save it as a pdf file. When I look at the bill in Preview it appears with the open rectangles in place of the variables. I downloaded the Adobe reader upgrade but this doesn't seem to have changed anything...will continue to work on it. I repeat, I seem to be able to print anything else fromany other website - just not from Agl...

Retired AGL Moderator

How are you accessing the bill @David? If you're opening the bill from an eBill email it should automatically download in a pdf format, which should then open as normal in Preview. If you are accessing from your AGL Energy Online account it should open the bill natively in the browser.

If you are yet to attempt this via your online account, can you please login and navigate to My Bill Payment and History. From there select your fuel and then click 'view bill'. When the bill opens in the browser hit command-P or right-click and print. 

Let me know how you get on with the printing.

Conductor

Hi Jeremy. I have tried accessing the bill both from the email and through my online account previously. I have tried printing it from both areas and it still doesn't work. I just tried it again and if I right click and open it in Preview it now looks OK but still prints out all the variables as open rectangles..I am getting a bit tired of this...and I am wasting ink and paper everytime I try something else...

Retired AGL Moderator

@David - can you confirm that once inside Preview Adobe Reader using this method, you've followed the instructions linked above through the Adobe website to print as an image and the printer is still printing the open rectangles?

edit:clarity

Switched-on

Hello, I am having the same problem as David and I have followed the onsructions liked by Jeremy except I am unable to find (after several atempts) an "Advanced tick box" in the Print dialogue box, in order to print the account as a pdf image. 

This is a waste of time and would be ealisy solved if AGL would just change the fint on their bills to one that is readily found on the average computer.  Come on AGL!.....This is bollocks!

Retired AGL Moderator

Hey @Jenthehen01, apologies for the confusion here - it appears my most recent post above incorrectly mentioned Preview instead of Adobe Reader. Can I confirm whether you were attempting to do this via Preview or by Adobe Reader?

Can certainly appreciate your feedback on this and I've passed this on to the team.