Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Pricing

Switched-on

Bit concerned and confused as to why our electricity bill for 2 people is 4x more expensive then it has been over the last 3 years that I have been a customer. $760 for 2 people is an absolute flop and the fact I was not made aware of the price increase from 

$0.29 for general usage to $0.289 

$0.14 for controlled load 1 to $0.1397

thats a joke. General usage alone is what our average bill for 3 months is. 

If I had of known about such a rise in pricing I would have shopped around and chosen somewhere cheaper that actually tells there customers about increases. 

Also there’s no pay on time discount?? I specifically signed up with you guys for the 28% pay on time discount you offered. Really considering finding someone else. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Pricing

AGL Moderator

Hi Jesshollier,

Thank you for your post.

The price change that occurred in NSW from 1/7/2018 was a price decrease. The formatting of these rates in a dollar figure may be the cause of confusion in this case, however putting in the figures in cents to change was as follows:

• General Usage: 29c/kWh to 28.9c/kWh
  • Controlled Load 1: 14c/kWh to 13.79c/kWh

If you'd like us to take a closer look at your bill and clarify how your discounts have been applied, then please send through a private message and we'll be happy to help wherever we can!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.