Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Paying weekly via AGL app using smart meter data

Switched-on

Hi AGL.

Since getting the smart meter installed I can now view my weekly power usage and cost. Just wanted to know, if I paid this amount via the app each week, does this mean my bill would be zero by the time it's due? How accurate is it? Would I still get discounts? 

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Paying weekly via AGL app using smart meter data

AGL Moderator

Hey jbr34,

Welcome to the Community!

To answer your questions:

• If you made a habit of paying your usage for the last week, every week, you should expect for your bill to be close to zero when you receive it.
  • Your usage data will updated online every 2-3 days. In some cases, you may see estimated data if this information has not recently refreshed.
  • Yes, when your bill is generated, you will receive all of your applicable discounts!

If there is anything else that we can clarify, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Thanks for being engaged,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

I’ve had my smart meter installed today

How long will it be before my daily usage and solar data will update on the app... currently I can only see a comparison between bills. Smart meter was installed today and my solar system is finally switched on. I would like to use the AGL ENERGY phone app to monitor daily usage. How long will this take to appear??

cheers

AGL Moderator

Hey DanBentley,

Thank you for your post!

You should being to see your usage data appear in your app 10-15 days after your meter upgrade.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Semiconductor

Thanks Jayden

i have another question about my smart meter.

i can see on the meter the amount of energy consumed from the grid and the amount of energy exported to the grid. Is my exported energy subtracted from the imported energy before I am charged/credited? ( I believe this is known as net metering where I am only charged the market 38c/kWh rate after I consume more than I produce)

For example, if I imported 500 KWH from the grid in a monthly period but in the same period, exported 300 kWh, am I only charged for the extra 200 kWh i have imported  from the grid (imported 500 - 300 exported = 200 difference) 

or

am I credited 300kwh x 16.8c ($50.40) feed in but then charged 500kwh x 38c market value ($190)

can you you please clarify this. 

AGL Moderator

Hey DanBentley,

Thanks for your reply!

This isn't quite how it works. You're charged in full for any energy your import from the grid, and you're also credited in full for any energy that you export to the grid. These two items are not calculated against one another.

The advantage of net metering is that any power that you produce in your solar system will be used within your household if there is a demand for power at that time. Any surplus power not used within your property is then exporting to the grid.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Semiconductor

Hi

its been 15 days since the digital meter was installed and I still can’t see daily usage and costs data? Is there anything I need to do or should this occur automatically?

AGL Moderator

Hey DanBentley,

Thanks for letting me know!

I'll ask you to complete the 'Feedback' form under the 'More' tab within the app, and a member of our app support team will take a look at things and be in touch with you soon.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Semiconductor

f you have an atlas mk10d meter an a 3 phase inverter check that the 03 and 13 registers are not both incrementing at the same time even though you may be generating more power than you are using.