Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Paying bill via Amex credit card

Switched-on

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any extra charges incurred by paying the electricity bill via American Express credit card? I have tried to call AGL and have only been informed that there may or may not be a surcharge for paying via my credit card.

Thanks, 

John

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Paying bill via Amex credit card

Powerhouse

Hi John,

All credit cards carry a surcharge, most are cheap and insignificant, I se no notice no facility for Amex, probably to do with an ever growing list of retailers who simply don't allow Amex. Best guess is the high cost to do business with Amex compared to all other cards.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi John, 

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for your question and sorry we haven't been able to provide you with the answer you are looking for yet.

Please see this previous post on processing fees and credit card charges. Further, there are many ways to pay your bill, see this article about paying your bills online.

Let me know if this helps or if I can help further.

Kind regards,

Samjy  

Switched-on

@y2jcorrea wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any extra charges incurred by paying the electricity bill via American Express credit card? I have tried to call AGL and have only been informed that there may or may not be a surcharge for paying via my credit card.

Thanks, 

John