Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Pay on time discount with new plans

Pam
Switched-on

Are there pay on time discounts with the new plans e.g. Essentials Plus?  I cannot see anything about that.

regards

Pam

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Pay on time discount with new plans

AGL Moderator

Hi Pam!

Great question.

Following industry-wide changes that came into effect on 1/7/2019, Pay On Time discounts are no longer being offered. You can find out more about these changes here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

AGL new plans do not have Pay on Time Discounts which is going to cost me an extra $300 approx per year even though they give you $175 credit to assist in transition. So much for cheaper energy.

We have been with AGL for a very long time and loyalty doesn’t count 

However there are still some energy providers who offer Pay on time discounts which I will be comparing to enable me to switch.

AGL Moderator

Hello Dinkydi! 

Welcome to AGL Community! 

You are correct that AGL no longer offers pay on time discounts, this was a move we decided to make to ensure we are delivering non conditional savings to all of our customers with competitive low rates. 

With the changes in the market that are always occurring there was a lot of confusion comparing percentage discounts for customers because the rates were a major factor, so in an effort to become more transparent with the community we took the confusion out of it. 

In this change, it may be that your costs could increase if you were on a limited pay on time discount which was above and beyond our standard offers, however a majority of our customers are better off on the new system because they now receive saving each and every bill, for both their usage and supply charge. 

If you would like to have your offer reviewed by our dedicated team to ensure we are offering you the best savings we can, you can have a chat with us here

Thank you

Ellen