Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Pay on time discount & Direct Debit Discount

Newcomer

I recieved a 12% Direct Debit Discount, an 11% Pay on Time discount & a $25 credt on my last bill, but no matter how I crunch the numbers I cannot work out how this is calulated. I understand that the discount doesn't apply to fixed charges, but excluding them I still can't get to the 11% or 12% figures. Complicating my calculations further is the solar feed in tarrif I recieve & i don't know if that forsm part of the calculation or not.

By my calculations the discount on the usage charges calculate to:

Direct Debit Discount of 8%

Pay on Time discount of 3.7%

Can someone please explain how this calculated?

6 REPLIES

Re: Pay on time discount & Direct Debit Discount

Hi @ws1234

Thanks for getting in touch. It would be easier for us to look at your bill with you and explain the discounts that way, so feel free to come have a chat with us here. Our billing team is available 24/7!

Newcomer

Hi Nathan,

The link you have provided is not secure.

I get a security warning stating that

"Your Connection is not private" 

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from aglenr.gy.

Hey ws1234,

Thank you for getting back to us!

We're sorry to hear that your browser as interpreted our link this way. We can assure you that this link is safe, however, you're always welcome to call in on 131 245 24/7 if you'd prefer!

Cheers,

Jayden

Newcomer

I aclled the number provided & got my explanation straight away. The direct debit discount was the Tarriff 11 usage minus the solar credits x 12%. The Pay on time discount was calculated the same but only applied for 30 days as I had changed plans in the middle of the billing cycle.

So then I asked about improving my discounts & am now recieving 28% discount on my usage.

It was defintaly worth the phone call.

Newcomer

I called the number provided & got my explanation straight away. The direct debit discount was the Tarriff 11 usage minus the solar credits x 12%. The Pay on time discount was calculated the same but only applied for 30 days as I had changed plans in the middle of the billing cycle.

So then I asked about improving my discounts & am now recieving 28% discount on my usage.

It was definitaly worth the phone call.

Hey ws1234,

It's fantastic to hear that our customer service team were able to get things sorted for you!

If you have any further enquiries down the track, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Jayden.