Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Overcharging on last gas bill

Switched-on

Hi, I have just moved house and I moved my AGL accounts with me (because your app is actually awesome).

But, when I was dealing with your staff about the move, they said there would be a final meter reading at my old address to ensure the last bill was accurate.  No final meter reading has occured as yet (have been moved for 2 weeks) - we have received our final electricity account which is fine, but the gas is still about $140 above what we normally are charged (which your call centre staff tell me is calculated by the use of the houses around me...instead of my actual house) Anyways, just wondering how much longer it will take to get the final reading on the gas.  I used to be able to just update the meter reading myself and you would adjust the gas bill accordingly, however now it says I cannot do this because the bill is being 'transferred'

Thanks for any help

1 REPLY 1

Re: Overcharging on last gas bill

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Nuske007,  

Thank you for reaching out and for the positive feedback about our app! I hope that all is well now that the move is over.

I know exactly what you mean about the final meter read and the 'transferred' bill. Our service team will be the best-equipped to help you with this, you can speak to them right here.

I hope this helps to answer your question and we look forward to hearing from you 🙂

Kindly, Dave

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.