Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Overcharged Gas Bill

Explorer

I recently received an outrageous amount on my gas bill of $670 for the quarter April May June. Compared to this time last year $150. Household numbers still the same (2 adults and a 2 year old) only gas appliances I have are a 4 burner gas stove, ducted heating and regular hot water tank and no new appliances installed, also we're both away from home 12 hrs a day for 5 days. Only difference I noticed was gas metre got changed Dec 2017.

Made a complaint to AGL on July 3rd and same time checked meter with complaint to see if reading was corresponding to bill. There was a smell of gas by the meter. Rang Ausnet and responded immediately to leak. We weren't shut down as suppose to but they only tighten up connections by the meter. Our bill was on hold till further investigation was made but the next quarter bill arrived, June July August of $1100 totalling now to $1770. The initial complaint was made on 3rd July, 6 weeks later and still no resolution as always being told an investigation will be put through. Seems like AGL is buying their time whilst they rack up another outrageous amount on the gas bill. We are now too stressed and scared to turn on our ducted heating in the middle of Melbourne winter. If this doesn't get any resolution any time soon, I would be more than happy to take this to the Ombudsman and ACCC. It makes me sick to also hear the announcement made on News 9th August, the $1 Billion profit that AGL has made. Once this is through we will be definitely switching Gas companies. Not a happy long-term AGL customer.