Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Overcharged Gas Bill

Switched-on

My previous gas bill was about $45 monthly. My last gas bill from 14 Jun to 13 Jul 2018 was $160. And I was barely cook for the whole month. Do not  tell to manually enter the gall meter, I am live in apartment and unable to get in the gas meter room which the key was hold by the building manger. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Overcharged Gas Bill

AGL Moderator

Hi owenwangking9,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

Monthly billing does not change the frequency of your meter readings. As a result, your bill will be estimated when you're billed for a month-period where your meter has not been read. If you have received a bill that is higher than usual, then the likely cause is that your last few bills were based on estimated readings which were lower than they should have been, and as a result of a recent meter reading, these under estimations have unfortunately been brought forward on your latest bill.

If you do not have access your gas meter(s), then monthly billing may not be the best option for you. If you'd like us to take a closer look at your bill for you, and if you'd like to discuss other options that may be available to you, we encourage you to get in touch with our web chat team here!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.