Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Re: Online account usage doesn't show solar

Conductor

OK, credit to jaydeny, better late than never! It looks like my issue is on it's way to being fixed. I won't say it's solved until I see the data flowing though.

In talking to him via private messages, he told me that the data wasn't available because I didn't have a smart meter, simple! Except that I do have a smart meter, or so I thought. EDMI markets the Mk10A as a smart meter and one of those was installed when our solar went in. Turns out that because the install was done in 2013, it wasn't programmed correctly as that only started occurring after 2014. I was advised to call AGL and organise a meter swap which (all things being equal) should not cost me any $$$. I made the call, they are coming out to swap the meter in the next month or two.

So, sfranken and others that arrive at this thread in frustration, all I can suggest is that you keep at AGL, phone and speak direct if necessary and harass the living sh.t out of them because they are not at all proactive. It isn't until someone at AGL takes ownership of your problem that you will get anywhere, and it's very difficult to achieve that!. It took me 2 years plus to finally get what I think MIGHT be a resolution to my issue, and only then because I made enough noise to get them to take my discussion private. These forums are obviously NOT meant for problem solving, but annoy or embarrass them enough and someone might pay attention and offer to take it private. Then you might have a chance . . . but don't hold your breath!

Why did it take so long for AGL to say that the problem was on my end? They are supposed to be the experts here FFS!

I'll try and update this once something happens.

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Conductor

Pffttt....good luck getting a resolution. I stopped wasting my time a year ago with these n00bs. All talk no action.

Highlighted

Conductor

Hi I get nothing but error when I try to see my usage.  A message for the last 3 months says that they have been working to fix the problem,  Clearly the customer is not important to them.  We need a royal commission

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey DaveR,

This isn't good to hear at all!

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the errors you're facing?

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Conductor

HI,Sorry this is long.

It is not that I get don't get solar information, I cannot see any information on usage, Just an error screen that says they are having issues with the screen at the moment " for the last three months." Talking to Chat line it might be that I have to get my first bill and that get an actual meter reading.but now 3 more issues concern me

1  When I asked the Chat line what my expected bill was he indicated that I had used 39kw/day for the period, I have 10kw solar on the roof and take the smart meter readings every day.  I am a net seller to the tune of about 38kw/day and only buy an average of 9kw yet he tells me my bill will be several hundred $.

2   It seems that the AGL current data usage is just an estimate and bears no relevance to actual daily usage.

3   Actual information may be displayed after a meter is read for the Billing period, pointless when you are trying to track consumption and minimize costs.

How do I attach a snap of the error page as requested?

DavidR

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Thank you for clarifying this DaveR.

This sounds like something that our IT team will need to take a closer look at for you. Could you please send me a quick private message with your AGL account number and address so that I can follow up on this for you?

Kind regards,

Jayden

Highlighted

Conductor

Hi Jayden, How do I send a private message?

I tried to reply to the email I received but received a delivery error message.

david

Highlighted

Conductor

Hi It just keeps getting better

I found how to send a private message. but when I send the information there was a response that it failed because I had reached the limit of private messages and to try again later.

When I checked the message bank there were 0 messages sent or received hence my limit for private messages is 0

Clearly it is not set up to resolve issues easily.

david

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi DaveR,

I've just sent you a private message, hopefully we have more luck!

Cheers,

Jayden

Highlighted

Conductor

Dave, you will find that there are many barriers in place to frustrate you as an AGL customer. Primary amongst them is their web site, AGLOffline (yes I know they call it AGLOnline but that's rarely the case),

I have been at this off and on for 3 years and I still cannot see my solar info. Many complaints to AGL, many posts here in the community, a smart meter upgrade, all to no avail.

They want to take it out of this discussion and use private messages so that no one else will see that whatever they propose, you will be back here sooner or later with the complaint that nothing has changed, or that they 'fixed it' but it still doesn't work. In my case, after a meter upgrade and having finally fixed the "We're having a problem right now' error messages, I can see my usage, just no solar info whatsoever. And that was what I have been trying to see all along. Still cannot see ANY solar info, just gross power usage.

The main thing to remember with AGL is . . . do not hold your breath! It also helps if you are a terminal optimist!