Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Online account does not update balance

Rookie

For some odd reason my Online Account does not update the balance owing correctly. I paid my bill online using PayPal on the 19/10/2017, I noticed after 5 days that my balance still showing money owing. I contacted AGL and they assured me that my balance is zero and my payment was received on the 21/10/2017. They also assured me that they will escalate the matter to fix Account Online to reflect the right amount owing. I did write to AGL Complaint section and talked many times to AGL customer service and each time I get the same polite answers but no action is taken to fix the problem.

So up to today 27/10/2017 my Account Online still showing that I owe AGL money and I have to pay it. While again checking on the phone with AGL self service my account balance is zero and nothing needs to be paid.

It seems that AGL Account Online is being built by amateurs and does not function as it should be. It makes me dissappointed that AGL which is spending a lot of money on advertising on TV telling us how good they are while they can not have a simple website working properly.

I guess that is the quality of service of AGL we either take it or leave it, but we should not expect miracles

3 REPLIES

Re: Online account does not update balance

Wol
Newcomer

Same here with gas bills - quite apart from incorrect billings which hours - literally - on webchat don't correct.

I think we see a positive feedback loop here: AGL have so many complaints and incorrect billings that they take on more and more offshore staff, give them the minimum training and the lack of knowledge leads to more complaints and incorrect billings, which results in ........

min
Rookie

I am having the same problem.  I've been talking to AGL but they are not interested in that issue.  They just keep saying your account is up to date so don't worry, blah blah blah.

To be honest, if you cannot fix this sort of IT Issue, how can you be a leader of energy supplier.  They seems to have massive internal control issue.  I am going to shop around other energy supplier who provide more professional service and genuine concern for their customers.  Good bye AGL!

AGL Moderator

Hi Min,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

We can assure you that we're interested in any inconveniences that our services are causing you, and I apologise if our service has given you any impression otherwise. I'd like it if you could send me a private message with your AGL account details and any relevant screenshots so that we can take a closer look at this for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.