Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Re: Online Account Access

Charged Up

A technical glitch that it seems they are either incapable of or unwilling to rectify.

As for contacting their service people, been there, done that and it was a complete waste of time. They had no idea either

Charged Up

For some reason today I'm getting sent one time codes every half hour or so without any request for them on my behalf. What a gigantic cluster AGL is

AGL Moderator

Hi again @Talan2 and @grahami2006,

Thank you for your ongoing patience, as we work to resolve this matter for all of our customers. 

Over the past week, we have been able to identify a temporary workaround to this issue that you have both experienced - where you cannot set up a password for your account, and are continually getting the below error:Issue.PNGPassword reset error

With testing help from @Talan2, we were able to resolve this issue for their account. (Please reach out if you notice any other troubles!) However, if you are still have ongoing troubles with this problem @grahami2006, please let me know, so that I can work through this with you directly. 

In this workaround, we had to momentarily disconnect the link between the Community login access and My Account access, that was joint with our 'Single Sign On' release. Once this was done, the system was able to reboot itself, and allow the user to set up a personal password through their My Account access. After confirmation that this had been set up, we went in and re-applied the Community link back to the same email address. [There was a concern that by doing this, the Community history would be lost. Thankfully, this did not happen in this circumstance.] After logging in and out again with the password, this workaround was successfully completed. 

I have been able to pass this information onto our developers, who are continuing to look into the matter. 

Cheers, 

Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

CM
Switched-on

Ive tried to log in last week ... got in but wouldnt allow me to change my password. So I waited til today to try again.

Had to use a temorary password (rather annoying) and then the page was blank! and now it wont log out and just keeps loading the stupid blank page.

This thread started two weeks ago and it seems you people have still not fixed the issues!

AGL Moderator

Hi @CM

Thank you for reaching out to us, and apologies for the ongoing trouble you have been having!

We would love to look into this for you, just as we did for the other two customers in this thread. (Thankfully, their issues were resolved more than a week ago! 🙂 ) I will reach out to you directly to ask for more information surrounding this issue. I have already sent your details through to our technical team to investigate the reasoning behind it. 

Thank you for your time and patience as we work to resolve this for you.

Sincerely, Jordan

Charged Up

Just as an update Jordan. I like to change my passwords on a monthly basis. Can't do this with AGL. Basic necessity in this day and age - needs to be fixed pronto

AGL Moderator

Hi again @Talan2,

Thank you for your patience whilst we work to sort this out for you. I have provided an update to your question regarding your password, against your separate post. You can find it here.

Cheers, Jordan

Highlighted

Semiconductor

I'm having the same problem as some others here so it look slike this issue is still ongoing.

After changing our account over from my husband's name we could no longer login online, after repeated emails and a couple of hours on the phone we can now login but the create password function on my account won't work, we have to get sent a one time access code each time we want to login.

Will this ever be fixed?

Charged Up

They fixed it for me but quite bluntly given there is no facility in their system to change your password you're probably better off with the one time codes.

I change my passwords on all online stuff on a monthly basis but you can't do that with AGL's stupid system unless you pretend you've forgotten your password and request a reset.

Basically all of AGL's online stuff is a disaster. How they could push this rubbish out onto their clients I do not know

Semiconductor

I've been far from impressed. 

I emailed about a fortnight ago, got a reply 4 or 5 days later asking for my account number, duly replied with the number then didn't hear anything. 

Rang this morning, was told it was fixed, tried to login again and got the same error. 

Rang back and was told again that it was fixed and now I can login but need to wait for an email with an access code each time.

User friendly AGL certainly isn't.