Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Highlighted

Ongoing billing problems - please help

Switched-on

Hi 

I am writing to complain about ongoing AGL gas billing issues and how terrible the service has been during my experience with AGL.

I am only writing on here now as I was just made aware of this community page from a work colleague who also had a terrible billing experience with AGL.

We have had ongoing problems with our meter for well over a year now and had to make at least half a dozen phone calls to AGL in relation to this.

Signed - another unhappy AGL customer

Eventually, it was determined that our meter was found to be faulty and after many months, Jemena finally came out and replaced the meter in our dwelling.

All this time we were still having issues with our billing as a result and every quarter we have had to keep calling up AGL to provide manual readings of our meter. 

We have now been issued with a whopping $438 bill which is way over what we have ever been charged before and now have to call AGL once again to report another issue with our billing. 

This is just wrong. Surely it is not this hard to bill one apartment for gas usage every single quarter of the year. 

We have had enough and want immediate action to rectify this otherwise we will be taking our business elsewhere.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Ongoing billing problems - please help

AGL Moderator

Dear fletch032,

Thank you for joining the AGL Community!

I'm sorry to hear that your recent experience with AGL has been fraught with so much frustration, and has been so poor in general. Please send me a private message including your AGL account number and email address, and I'll be happy to help wherever I can.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Hi.. Im also having the same issue with my gas billing. We are a couple with a 1 yr old. For the past months this year, our highest bill was $110.18. Then just last month, we got slapped with a whopping $594.62 bill in one month. I called AGL to complain that its impossible that our bill will be that high. And then someone from AGL to told me to just pay it off then it will adjust later on coz my metre reading as not recorded. We settled for payment terms since $594 is a big amount. I've been paying the installments then a new bill came saying im overdue but i've been paying the installments on time.

Im so frustrated now with AGL but I cant go to a different supplier coz im still paying the bill they charged me wrongly. 

I hope this could reach someone that could help me. Its really frustrating. Its just so wrong to rip off people like that especially that i pay my bills on time.

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi Antonio,

I've just responded to your private message and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.