Accounts and Billing

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Search for answers relating to your AGL account or your AGL online services.

Re: My incredibly high electricity bill from AGL

AGL Moderator

Hey emmanye,

Thank you for your post!

It's always worth double checking your bill if you feel something isn't quite right. I'd strongly suggest you start by logging into your online account here (or that you download the AGL app) and follow the prompts to lodge the readings currently on your meter. If your bill is estimated, this will allow us to adjust your account for any potential overcharges.

If you'd like to chat further about your bill, we'd recommend you get in touch with our web chat team here!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

dh
Conductor

I live in a complex where the meters are padlocked in a cabinet out the front, our land lord says the power companies are the only ones who have a key for meter readings. And no one but the power companies are allowed to access the meters. Agl has repeatedly altered amounts, and dates of direct debit arrangements from my bank leaving my bank over drawn and with dishonor fees. Agl has admitted their repeated mistakes and claims they have no idea how or why these errors keep happening. They have refunded amounts with drawn yet refuse responsibility for dishonor fees despite being agl's fault. And they continue to make demands insisting I make regular payments to them regardless of their mistakes leaving my bank overdrawn. What bills should I stop paying to allow for agl to repeatedly stuff up. I think that by saying an ombudsman is a waste of time is very bad advice. The ombudsman and the ACCC are whats needed to shake these guys up a bit. They'll only keep screwing customers over if they can keep getting away with it.

soo
Switched-on

I live in a 2 beds apartment with no dryer.no air condition. Lived with two other mates. One of them is on holiday on the period time. I only use a fan. I don’t know